"StepMom Roundtable Featuring An Interview with Wednesday Martin" on the next "Co-Parenting Matters"
Wednesday Martin has been called the "patron saint" of stepmothers. Her book "Stepmonster: A New Look at Why Real Stepmothers Think, Feel, and Act the Way We Do" has been hailed internationally for revealing the real deal about stepmothering, beyond the "evil" stereotype. In this week's episode of Co-Parenting Matters on BlogTalkRadio, we're talking with some of our favorite stepmoms about "Stepmonster" and their personal evolution as stepmothers: Mike's wife, Sherry Thomas; Heather Hetchler, founder, CafeSmom.com; and Brigette Lemos-Norman, @BioStepMom on Twitter, and founder of the blog, In the Blender. In a pre-recorded interview with Deesha, Wednesday Martin will discuss the challenges a stepmom may face (the guilt, the feeling like an outsider in her own home), the complexities of the relationships with her stepchildren, and why it's important to eschew the unrealistic expectations and demands that our culture places on her--and that often, she places on herself.
Courtesy of CafeSmom, we are giving away a fantastic Cafesmom gift basket: a stainless steel smom travel mug, a smom cap, a bag of Lindt Chocolate Truffles (just because) and a coupon for $5.00 off a future CafeSmom gift shop order. (a $45.00 value). There are 2 EASY ways to enter:
1) Leave a question for our featured smoms in the comments section below or on Twitter (@coparentingshow, @coparenting101, or @weparent). We'll answer your question on Sunday's show.
2) Give a shout-out to a stepmom in your life, via comments or Twitter. We'll read these on the show as well.
Enter as often as you'd like! Winner will be chosen and announced during Sunday's show.
Attention NYC Area Stepmoms, Stepmoms-to-Be, and the People Who Love Them! Don't miss "The Happy Stepmother" workshop co-presented by Wednesday Martin THIS SATURDAY at the Westside YMCA.
At this workshop, you will:
• Better understand the challenges of being a stepmother
• Learn about the latest scientific studies in the field of stepfamily research
• Learn to recognize maladaptive behavior in your stepfamily
• Acquire healthy tools to cope with the demands of being a stepmother
• Learn how to successfully communicate with your partner and family members
• Establish clear boundaries that promote family harmony
• Participate in a support group, sharing your experiences with others who understand what you are going through
Click here for more details.
We hope you'll join us this Sunday night, 9/26, 9:30-11 PM EST for our Stepmom Roundtable on "Co-Parenting Matters"!